This honestly was the scariest thing that I have ever been through. I was sitting back at camp and they went on their (famous last words) last run for the trip. I was just hanging out with the kids and all the sudden Jason Blair comes back to camp and was all shaken up and says that I needed to go with him. I thought I was going to pass out. I had know clue what had happened and he didn't really say anything except that Mike's been hurt and life flight was on it's way. Truthfully I really didn't know if he was alive, the worst always go through your head. So we started to go out there but decided to turn around because the best thing for me to do was to get back so I could get to the hospital. When we got back I left the kids and Jenny drove me to Idaho Falls which is 30 minutes away and we had no clue where the hospital was. Well we made it and I ran in to find my husband in the ER in so much pain sitting in a pile of sand. Thank goodness he was breathing and conscious. So what happened was he was out at choke cherry and decided to ride a wheelie (which he had been doing all weekend) around the top of it. Well somebody was coming up were he usually went down so he had to go further and when he came out of his wheelie he was were it is really steep and where the 4x4 trail is (which makes it flat), he was going to fast and there was not much he could do, so when he hit the flat spot he flew over the handle bars and the 4-wheeler came and smacked him on the back. He ended up fracturing his T-11 vertebrae and staying in the hospital for 3 days until he could walk and his turtle shell brace was finished being made which he has to wear for the next 6 weeks. We are just lucky that he can walk because it could of been a lot worse.
Well here is the damage, it was all Mike really cared about while he was in the hospital. Seriously what am I suppose to do with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment